What You Need To Know
Our services are open to members and the public and we are transitioning them from being Zoom only, to Zoom and in-person. We encourage all to find ways to participate, see below for specific opportunities.
Friday Night Services
Time: 6:15 PM
Sigh up here to participate.
Shabbat Morning Services
Time: 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
In-Person Sign up Link: Coming 5/10
Sign up here to participate.
Thursday Morning Services
Time: 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM
In-Person Sign up: Not yet available
Sign up here to participate.
In-Person Tips & Guidelines
- In order to attend services in the building you MUST register beforehand. Every Monday, an e-mail will be sent to members with a link to register for that same week. We invite non-members to contact the office to register. No one will be allowed in the building without previous registration.
- To keep everyone safe and healthy, you MUST wear a mask at ALL times while in the building.
- Seats will be preassigned and strategically positioned so you will be at least 6ft apart from others. When you come in, look for a chair with your name on it and please do not move it.
- Please bring your own kippah and tallit. Siddurim and Chumashim will be available.
- There will no food (kiddush) in the building in the foreseeable future.
- Participants will be admitted on a first come, first serve basis so please only register if you truly plan to be there, to allow for maximum participation. We are allowing up to 25 people from unvaccinated pods and 50 people total.
- Every service will be available on Zoom as well. Our goal is to make services as inclusive as possible for those in-person and those at home, with opportunities for partnership by all.
- To ensure security, every time you connect to CEH virtual services, turn on your camera, and be sure your device displays your first and last name.
- Zoom Passwords are distributed to members via e-mail and are available within the member portal. Non-members can request zoom passwords by contacting email@example.com.
Friday Night & Saturday Morning Services
Sign up here to lead a portion of the service, a prayer or two, and/or read Torah or Haftarah.
- Torah will be chanted from books (you can use trope and vowels!), not an actual scroll.
- We won’t do Torah blessings but will pause between aliyot to announce verses.
- Non-members of Etz Hayim are welcome to participate, read, and lead.
- All ages, including pre-B’nai Mitzvah are welcome to sign up for anything. We’d love post-B’nai mitzvah to lead the Kaddishes and Barechu.
- If you want to participate but need more practice, help or coaching, contact Chief.Gabbai@etzhayim.net.
Thursday Morning Minyan
Have a yahrzeit or another occasion where you need a minyan? Add your initials here to request a Thursday morning minyan. When you make this request, a call is sent out to Minyan Makers to help to ensure a minyan.
If you would like to help lead or chant Torah on Thursday morning, or if you would like to be added to the list of Minyan Makers, please contact Chief.Gabbai@etzhayim.net.