What You Need To Know
Our lay-led services are open to members and the public. We encourage all to find ways to participate.
Remember: To ensure security, every time you connect to CEH virtual services, turn on your camera, and be sure your device displays your first and last name.
Thursday Morning Minyan – 8:00am – zoom link
Friday Night Shabbat Services – 6:15pm – zoom link
Shabbat Morning Services – 10:00am – zoom link
Starting Thursday, July 2 2020, we will be having lay-led services, and we need you to participate!
Friday Night & Saturday Morning Services
Sign up here to lead a portion of the service, a prayer or two, and/or read Torah or Haftarah.
- Friday night and Saturday morning Shabbat services will now be held exclusively via Zoom (no more Facebook live).
- Torah will be chanted from books (you can use trope and vowels!), not an actual scroll.
- We won’t do Torah blessings but will pause between aliyot to announce verses.
- Non-members of Etz Hayim are welcome to participate, read, and lead.
- All ages, including pre-B’nai Mitzvah are welcome to sign up for anything. We’d love post-B’nai mitzvah to lead the Kaddishes and Barechu.
- We are still figuring out whether we can do any of the Torah Service that surrounds the reading of the Torah/Haftarah. Stay tuned for updates.
- If you want to participate but need more practice, help or coaching, contact Chief.Gabbai@etzhayim.net.
Thursday Morning Minyan
Have a yahrzeit or another occasion where you need a minyan? Add your initials here to request a Thursday morning minyan. When you make this request, a call is sent out to Minyan Makers to help to ensure a minyan.
If you would like to help lead or chant Torah on Thursday morning, or if you would like to be added to the list of Minyan Makers, please contact Chief.Gabbai@etzhayim.net.