Enjoying these recipes? Interested in purchasing a hard copy cookbook version of them? If so, register your interest here. Thanks!
Today is 14 days, which is 2 weeks of the Omer
And here’s today’s recipe, contributed by Laura N..
Pajama Havdalah Pumpkin Bars
- 4 eggs
- 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 15 -ounce can pumpkin
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Make the Bars
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using an electric mixer at medium speed, combine the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin until light and fluffy.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda.
- Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and mix at low speed until thoroughly combined and the batter is smooth.
- Spread the batter into a greased 13 by 10-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool completely before frosting.
- Cut into bars.
Make The Icing
We made these as mini-muffins and they were terrific. Just reduce the cooking time accordingly.
- Combine the cream cheese and butter in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add the sugar and mix at low speed until combined.
- Stir in the vanilla and mix again.
- Spread on cooled pumpkin bars.
Missed a recipe? Find them all here.